I love all things food and all things involving massive amounts of fire and meat. I have written the Handy Mom’s Guide to Grilling (Cool Springs Press), which attempts to get women, particularly moms, to conquer their fear of the flame. In my previous food lives, I was a restaurant critic and syndicated food writer for the Charlotte Observer. I am also a member of a competition barbeque team, Chicks in Charge, and I’m a master judge for the Kansas City Barbeque Society. I am the proud owner of five grills/smokers: a Weber Kettle, a Weber Baby-cue, a Weber Smokey Mountain (bullet smoker), a Char-Broil Pro gas grill and, my pride and joy, a large Big Green Egg. My husband, Mark, and my son, Noah, are my recipe testers.
- BBQ Forum – you’ve got questions; they’ve got answers
- Big Green Egg Forum – all things for Eggheads like me
- Michael Ruhlman – a thoughtful food blog with lots of good information
- Serious Eats – Fun people tackle a serious subject
- The Kansas City Barbeque Society – the nation’s leading barbeque source